Archive | Philly Phresh Start RSS feed for this section
In celebration of Women’s History Month, the Black Women’s Roundtable will host its 2nd Annual National Women of Power Summit, “Amplifying the Voices of Women and Girls in the Digital Age.”
The summit will bring together a diverse group of women leaders and emerging leaders from across the country. On Day One, they will make the rounds of Capitol Hill and meet with members of Congress. Melanie L. Campbell, convener of the Black Women’s Roundtable and president of the National Coalition on Black Civic Participation, said:
We’re coming together in the nation’s capitol to leverage our vote. In 2012, black women were the highest vote for President Obama and the margin of victory for many in the U.S. Congress. We want to tell our elected officials what we want, which includes ending the sequestration now and becoming a functional government working in the interest of the people.
On Day Two at the Faith and Social Justice Prayer Breakfast, I will receive the BWR Social Innovation Award.
It is an incredible honor to be recognized before a room full of fierce women. I hope you will be able to join us for a power-packed celebration of difference-makers and tree-shakers.
To register, go here. For more information, call (202) 659-4929.
Image 25 Feb
- Do men make passes at women who wear Google Glass? Just askin' :-). #innovation #technology http://t.co/zkLkHI4Wgq 8 hours ago
- MT @SFCityCIO: Marshalling Urban Forces of #Innovation! #mayorsinnovation panel: @benhecht@ @laurawp @navarrowwright http://t.co/6oRyWHuPW0 9 hours ago
- .@laurawp: Internships are hug;; 50% more likely to get a job after completing internship. #mayorsinnovation 10 hours ago
- .@navarrowwright: Role models matter. It's easier to be a Mark Z than a Jay Z (at least theoretically). #mayorsinnovation 11 hours ago
- .@navarrowwright: Give visual examples of successful black #STEM professionals and authentic messages. #mayorsinnovation 11 hours ago